Join our board
Updated: Feb 10
Mediorite Advisory Board Members – Job Description
We're looking for a new board member for our ( virtual ) Advisory Board as we plan for a phase of growth. We are particularly looking for people from the film or education sectors.
Joining our board will allow you to share professional expertise, insights and experiences to help develop the social enterprise and meet our goals to tackle youth unemployment by supporting young people into sustainable creative careers. The board is currently a mix of professionals from across creative, education, corporate and financial sectors.
Role: Board Member Purpose: Serve as a strategic thought leader, collaborator and catalyst for action supporting the CEO
· Demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to Mediorite's strategic objectives and cause
· Exhibit strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities and be comfortable in an ambassadorial role
· Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
· Strong networking capabilities that can be utilised for the benefit of the charity
· Ability to foster and promote a collaborative team environment
· Ability to commit time to conduct the role well, including potentially travel to our office and attending events out of office hours
· Experience of operating at a senior leadership level within an organisation
· Successful track record of achievement through your career
· Experience of external representation, delivering presentations and managing stakeholders
Knowledge and Skills:
· Strong leadership skills, ability to motivate staff and volunteers and bring people together
- Knowledge of the creative industries and/or teaching
· Five advisory board meetings per year ( currently virtual )
· Respond to requests, via e-mail and phone, for feedback and input on a variety of items
· Ability to commit time to conduct the role well, including potential travel to our office and attending events out of office hours
Please contact email@example.com | 07968532923 if you want to find out more or apply.